Warm Roast Veg & Halloumi Salad
This takes just a few minutes of prep and the oven does all the work. You can use whatever vegetables you like and it is great way to use up fridge leftovers. We love roasted butternut squash and you don’t even need to peel it; whether you eat the skin or not is up to you!
Makes 2-3 lunches
1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
1 green pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
1/2 garlic bulb, broken into cloves
1 handful cherry or baby plum tomatoes
1 red onion, cut into wedges
1/2 butternut squash, cut into wedges
2 tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
1 tsp smoked paprika
250g halloumi, sliced
1 tbsp black sesame seeds
lemon wedges (optional)
freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/gas 6. Put the peppers, garlic, tomatoes, onion and squash in a large roasting tray.
2. Mix together the oil and paprika and pour over the vegetables. Mix well to coat everything. Season with plenty of black pepper.
3. Roast for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and turn everything carefully.
4. Put the halloumi on top of the vegetables. Roast for 10 minutes until the halloumi has softened and the edges turn brown.
5. Remove from the oven and scatter the sesame seeds over the top. This is ready to eat, with a squeeze of lemon, if you like. You can also eat it cold the next day, or take to work and reheat. You can eat the garlic too; just squeeze it out of its skin.